RUSU Welcome Team
Student Activities Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Role Description / Advert
We are recruiting students to be part of RUSU Welcome Team! You’ll join our RUSU Welcome team and be a critical part of building a sense of community on campus.
Our RUSU Welcome Team will work closely with staff to build a personalised Halls Welcome Plan for each hall, as well as connect with new students before and during the arrivals period. The Welcome Team play a vital role to student’s first impressions of RUSU and as such our Welcome Team can positively impact students’ experiences during this time.
RUSU Welcome Team must be students who have lived in a University Hall for the previous academic year (21/22) and will be required to be available over the summer period to form part of the Welcome Planning Team.
RUSU Welcome Team Members will be offered flexible working hours and will be paid £9.18-£9.50 p/h.
Full Job Description
We are recruiting students to be part of RUSU Welcome Team. Our RUSU Welcome team helps us to welcome new students and offer information about the services of RUSU and the wider University during the welcome week period and over the Freshers Fortnight. The Welcome Team play a vital role to student’s first impressions of RUSU and the University and as such our Welcome Team can positively impact students’ experiences during this time.
You will be required to attend some online meetings over the summer period, and complete a training session prior to starting your shifts.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Welcome Planning Team to curate a Halls specific Welcome plan
- To act as an ambassador for RUSU during the Welcome period
- To help people move into their university accommodation, working closely with UPP colleagues.
- To help RUSU staff to ensure the Fresher Fayre’s run smoothly
- To promote Welfare campaigns and answering questions on Union nights to ensure students are having a fun, safe night
- To promote and provide information about RUSU, the University and local services
- To create a welcoming and safe environment for all students at the University of Reading
- To distribute information about Welcome week non-drinking/community events and support the organising of queuing/attendance at events
- To be a port of call on Union nights for students to come to regarding mild welfare issues, and ensure that students are in a fit state to get home to their accommodation whether that is halls or private housing and instigate walking buses back to halls when required.
- To promote inclusivity, diversity and equal opportunities
· Punctuality and good time management
· Enthusiastic and friendly manner
· Good knowledge of RUSU and its services
· Welfare orientated
Benefits of the role
· ££££ Hourly pay/ counts towards RED Award
· RUSU T-shirt
· Flexible working hours
· Chance to meet new people and make new friends and connections
· Enhances interpersonal and team building skills